Gallery Attendant (Part-Time)
The Regional Arts Commission (RAC) is seeking a part-time Gallery Attendant for the Gallery at the Regional Arts Commission of St. Louis. RAC is committed to exhibiting the work of local artists and fostering opportunities for curators living in the St. Louis region. The Gallery at RAC showcases artists from a variety of media and the exhibitions rotate throughout the year. The Gallery is open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Saturday and Sundays, 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. This position is responsible for providing weekend and evening coverage at the RAC Gallery by greeting the public, providing an excellent gallery and exhibition experience, recording visitor attendance and assistance during gallery related events.
- Responsible for the opening, attendance and closing of gallery on Saturdays and Sundays
- Greet, record and observe visitors to the gallery to ensure a pleasant and safe gallery experience
- To be knowledgeable about RAC, exhibition artwork and artists, gallery schedule of events and gallery hours in order to effectively greet and serve gallery patrons
- Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the gallery
- Greet building patrons and provide contact information for RAC facility rental
- Provide bar service during gallery receptions and events (must be 21)
- 21 years of age or older
- High-School Diploma
- Ability to work weekends and some evenings
- Minimum of 4 months customer service experience
- Strong interest in arts and culture
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to interact with visitors to the gallery
- Possesses some knowledge about the arts
- Possesses friendly demeanor and is reliable
- Experience working in a gallery, museum or similar setting
- Demonstrated connection to the local arts community
- Currently pursuing or have pursued a degree or certification in arts or arts administration
This is a part-time hourly position at the pay rate of $10.
Apply here to complete the online application and to submit a resume, cover letter, list of three references with titles and contact information by April 3, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Jess Gouldthorpe at email@example.com.
RAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.