Welcome to RAC’s Events Contributor FAQ’s. The following information has been provided to answer any questions you have about adding events to RAC’s events calendar. We’ve made some improvements to our submission process, so check it out! If your question is not addressed below, feel free to click here to post your question. We sincerely appreciate you sharing your events with the thousands of RAC events calendar users!
1. How do I add an event to the calendar?
If you already have an approved Event Contributor account, log in to your account and click the “Add Event” button. Use our collection of resources, including an event contributor tutorial, to get started.
If you don’t have an Event Contributor account, you can register for one. Accounts are usually approved within 5 business days.
2. How do I add an event that occurs more than once?
Select the first event date and the start time and end time. Additional days and times should be added using the “Recurrence Rules” feature.
3. When and how do I use the “Recurrence Rules” feature?
If your event repeats, you can use the recurrence feature to create the event on a different day at the same time or on a different day at a different time. There are several options to add additional dates and times:
- None – this is the default; your event happens once.
- Date – select a date. Your event will repeat on this day.
- Every Day – select an end date. Your event will repeat every day until the end date.
- Every Week – select an end date. Your event will repeat every week, on the same day of the week until the end date.
- Every Month – select an end date. Your event will repeat every month, on the same day of the month until the end date.
- Custom/Daily – select an end date and frequency. If the event should be at a different time than the original, deselect the “Same Time” box to set a start time and duration.
- Custom/Weekly – select an end date, the weekly frequency and the days of the week that the event should occur. If your event should be at a different time than the original, deselect the “Same Time” box to set a new start time and duration length.
- Custom/Monthly – select an end date, the monthly frequency, and determine the time frame for the event to repeat. If the events should be at a different time, deselect the “Same Time” box to set a new start time and duration length.
If your event has an irregular schedule, you can use the “Add Another Rule” button to set another type of repetition. Select “Custom” to add events at a different time than the original.
If your event schedule is mostly regular, but there are a few days without an event, use the “Add Exclusion” button to create a list of exclusions. This feature is useful to exclude holidays or certain days of the week.
4. Why can’t events be set to end “never” anymore?
If you have an event that happens frequently and lasts into the future, set the recurrence to last a set amount of time and set a reminder to renew it. When you renew your event, don’t forget to update the details with changes to the event!
5. Why can’t I create an event that repeats every year?
Adding annual events as a recurring event doesn’t provide enough flexibility to show details unique to each year. If you want to add an annual event, add each event individually. Then, customize the date, time and event details for each year’s event.
6. Can I copy an event so I don’t have to add the details separately?
Yes! If you want to copy an event, go to the My Event Dashboard and click the “Copy” link below the event title you want to copy. Your copied event will appear and you can change your event date/time, description, etc. as needed. Don’t forget to remove the word (Copy) that will be listed before your event title.
7. How do I add a new venue?
Select the “Add a New Venue” option at the top of the venue select dropdown menu. Then add the venue details. When you save your event, the venue will be saved as well.
8. What is the benefit of using an existing venue over adding a new one?
Using an existing venue connects events at that venue so that STL Arts Events Calendar users can see all events at that venue when using the “Search by keyword” feature.
9. How do I edit the details for an existing event venue?
If you need to make updates to a venue entry, please use the official venue/organizer update request form to submit changes.
10. How do I add a new organizer?
Select the “Add a New Organizer” option at the top of the organizer select dropdown menu. Then add the organizer details. When you save your event, the organizer will be saved as well.
11. What is the difference between using an existing organizer and adding a new one?
Using an existing organizer connects events by one organizer so that STL Arts Events Calendar users can see all events by that organizer when using the “Search by keyword” feature.
12. How do I edit the details for an existing organizer?
If you need to make updates to an organizer entry, please use the official venue/organizer update request form to submit changes.
13. How do I edit an event after it is published?
Events can be updated after they’ve been published. Click the title of an existing event, make the changes and then click the “Submit Event” button. If you make changes to your event, it will require RAC Admin review and approval before being re-published to the STL Arts Events Calendar.
14. How do I save an event to publish later?
Events can’t be saved to publish later, so if you aren’t ready to publish your event, save the details offline and add them to the STL Arts Events Calendar when you’re ready.
15. How do I change my account username or email?
The username on your account cannot be changed, but if you need to change the email address associated with your account, let us know and we can make the update for you.
16. How do I change my account password?
If you want to change your password, you can use the Forgot Password page. Enter your username or email and click on “Get New Password”. You will receive an email notification that will allow you to set a new password for your account.
17. I lost my password, what should I do?
If you forgot your password, you can use the Forgot Password page. Enter your username or email and click on “Get New Password”. You will receive an email notification that will allow you to set a new password for your account. If you don’t have access to the email used to establish your account, or you don’t remember it, let us know and we can help!
Have a question not answered here? Submit an issue or ask a question here.