Regional Arts Commission of St. Louis
Marketing Communications Manager
The Regional Arts Commission of St. Louis leads, strengthens and gives voice to a creative community where every citizen can be proud to live, work and play in a world-class region. In short, we are proud of our St. Louis cultural identity and want to do whatever we can to grow, sustain and promote that identity in the future. We are at the forefront of helping transform St. Louis into a more vibrant, creative and economically thriving community through the arts – and want everyone to know just how special the creative community is within the region. At RAC, we value passion, performance and productivity. We focus on hiring great people who are committed to the potential the arts have as a vital agent for social change and community transformation.
The Regional Arts Commission is seeking a Marketing Communications Manager to support the information and marketing program needs of the organization by assisting in plan development, production and implementation of marketing communication materials and branded content. The Marketing Communications Manager is one of the lead writers within the organization who creates content to advance RAC’s communications, marketing and community engagement strategies. The Marketing Communications Manager cultivates positive relationships with local media, constituents and other key stakeholders to effect and improve the regional view of the organization’s mission, achievements, and brand. This person will be responsible for day-to-day communications and marketing activities. This full-time position will report to the Deputy Director of the Regional Arts Commission.
- Writes and develops various public relations and marketing materials;
- Responsible for managing the organization’s social media, website, email marketing campaigns, and assists with additional marketing initiatives and projects;
- Manages RAC’s Arts & Culture Events Calendar and user engagement;
- Manages social media accounts, creates online content, and sets digital marketing strategy;
- Responsible for project management of RAC special projects, events and initiatives.
- Supports media relations content development and efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field is required.
- 5 – 7 years of direct experience creating content for print and digital media.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of event planning and coordination experience is preferred.
- Superior communications skills including writing (both copywriting and business writing), speaking/presenting, and creative direction is required.
- Creative aptitude and familiarity with graphic design and interactive design is preferred.
- Plan development (Marketing/Communications/Digital Plans)
- Media Relations experience is preferred.
- Direct experience with building and executing a digital marketing strategy.
- Demonstrated competence in web, social and email marketing including by not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, MailChimp, and other digital and social media platforms.
- Demonstrated competence in project management systems.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint),
- Familiarity with WordPress and graphic design software.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong analytical skills.
- Temperament suitable to working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Please upload at least two writing samples along with a resume and at least three references.
Salary commensurate with experience; competitive benefits (plus health) included.
To Apply click here to complete the online application and to submit a resume, cover letter, list of three references with titles and contact information by August 4, 2017.
No phone calls please.
RAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.