Sky Wars, the U.S. Fireworks Championship, returns to Innsbrook MO on September 23rd for its 18th annual invitational competition. Presented by the Missouri Pyrotechnics Association (MoPyro), Sky Wars is one of the only pyrotechnic competitions in the nation and is hailed as a must-see experience for all ages.
Experience the magic of fireworks artistry created by some of the nation’s top display choreographers, right here in Missouri! This incredible fireworks extravaganza (a three-plus-hour show) features up to 10 award-winning pyromusicals—or “concerts in the sky”—which combine the artistry of music and pyrotechnics, scripted to the hundredth of a second, designed by highly skilled teams of invitation-only pyrotechnicians. Audience members will also witness several large-scale firework shells, the likes of which are rarely seen launched at other public events.
The display lineup features more than just fireworks! The Fireball Dudes (who set an unofficial world record with their signature gasoline fireballs at the 2022 Sky Wars event) present massive fireball sequences each year. Sky Elements Drones will also return with a 300-drone light show in their second appearance at Sky Wars.
Sky Wars kicks off its 18th annual event in the early afternoon with daytime activities for all ages. Event goers can enjoy a Festival Area from 2 to 7 p.m. which features a Children’s Fun Zone, food and beverage vendors, and live music entertainment. For those who prefer to wine and dine, a VIP section is available with a private viewing area, catered buffet, full bar, and complimentary light beverages.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Wags & Whiskers animal shelter and its efforts to build a no-kill animal shelter in Warren County.
Gates open at 2 p.m., and the fireworks show begins at 7:30 p.m. The event is in partnership with the developers of Innsbrook and will be held at 1001 State Highway F, Innsbrook, MO 63390. Tickets range from $30 to $50 per person for general admission and $130 to $160 for an all-inclusive VIP ticket. Children under five are free.
To purchase tickets or for further information, visit the Sky Wars website at skywarsevent.com, or contact the organizers via email at email@example.com or call (314) 730-0793.
Event Contact Info:
Missouri Pyrotechnics Association
The 2023 Sky Wars show breakdown includes the following:
● The National Anthem—accompanied by a spectacular fireworks display presented by MoPyro.
● A 21-Gun Salute—honoring first responders plus men and women in uniform.
● The Pro-Am Competition—A contest of artistry and ingenuity between three pyrotechnic teams in which Sky Wars limits the specific types and number of fireworks, the number of electrical matches, and the timeframe. This year is a highly-anticipated Championship of Champions in which three past Pro-Am Competition winners participate: Mike Allen from Glasgow, KY (2022 winner); AJ Plata from Sandwich, IL (2021 winner); and Scott Smith from Cedar Hill, MO (2020 winner).
● Unlimited Show—A display in which only the skies are the limit! One of the biggest and brightest shows of the night, it often features high-end equipment and top-of-the-line
fireworks that are unavailable to the masses. This year’s participant: Brandon WIlliams from Crawfordsville, IN.
● Fireballs—Tennessee’s Fireball Dudes will make the crowd “feel the heat” with their world-renowned gasoline fireballs!
● 300-Drone Show—In their second appearance at Sky Wars, Sky Elements is bringing 100 additional drones to captivate the audience (and help clear the smoke!) with a mesmerizing drone light display.
● Exhibition Shells—Provided by J&M Displays, these massive shells dazzle all on their own! Several large-scale shells will be launched throughout the evening.
● The Professional Competition—Three professional teams each launch an enormous fireworks display with large-scale effects including 8”, 10”, and even 12” shells! This year’s participants: Tim Traphagan from Lanesville, IN with Casabella Pyrotechnics;