Join Marie Oberkirsch of Central Print on Zoom for an evening of printmaking and collage! In this virtual workshop inspired by the works on view Drawn Games: Chess Posters from Around the World, Marie will guide participants through at-home printmaking and collage techniques using supplies readily available around the house. Viewers will learn how to create their own stencils and incorporate collage elements to create one-of-a-kind prints.
Note that not all objects in following supply list is required, though having a good assortment of the items listed will allow for plenty of creative options.
– thicker paper or cardstock
– found papers such as old magazines, newspaper, tissue paper, etc.
– Scissors and/or X-Acto knife
– cutting mat
– glue sticks or other adhesives
– paints in a variety of colors
– items to use as a stamp (note that they’ll get paint on them!) such as erasers on pencils, plastic forks, wooden blocks, dowel rods