There are a number of significant changes affecting the 2017-18 RAC grant application process for General Operating Support (GOS) and Program Support grants.
To help you navigate our new application process, we have created the Grants Information Guide to provide organizations seeking grants in the GOS or Program Support categories with useful information regarding the application, guidelines and review process. It includes background information and instructions that may not be included in the online eGrant application. We suggest that you download and review the guide and refer to it as you progress through the online application completion process.
Contained in the Grants Information Guide and highlighted below are the major changes affecting the 2017-18 application process for both the General Operating Support (GOS) and Program Support grant programs:
- The 2017-18 RAC Grants Information Guide containing the complete 2017-18 grant guidelines and application information is available as a downloadable PDF.
- A pre-application is now required of all applicants in the General Operating Support (GOS) and Program Support categories in order to determine eligibility to apply for the 2017-18 grants cycle. The pre-application will be available December 1, 2016, and the deadline is December 15, 2016.
- GOS and Program Support grants will be awarded for a one-year (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018).
- Policy changes for GOS and Program Support consist of new eligibility requirements and grant restrictions.
- The maximum GOS grant eligibility for any single organization may not exceed 10% of the annual allocation to the GOS grant category.
- The new 2017 General Operating Support (GOS) eGrant Application Form will be made available in eGrant system following submission of the pre-application and determination of your eligibility and grant category.
- New 2017 GOS Levels (Level I, Level II, and Level III) will be determined by the organization’s annual operating expenses (AOE).
- GOS awards will be determined using the RAC Funding Formula.
- New GOS Funding Formula Calculator is now available to assist you in estimating your award amount.
- The new 2017 Program Support eGrant Application Form will be made available in the eGrant system following submission of the pre-application and determination of your eligibility and grant category.
- The new disbursement process (started in 2016) for Program Support is designed to ensure that grantees use the RAC Arts and Culture Events Calendar and to streamline paperwork by combining the final report with the final disbursement document.
- All GOS applicants will now be on an 11-month auto-deposit ACH system.
- Application deadline and panel meeting schedules – Program Support grant applications are due by January 31, 2017. Program Support grant panels will be held in February and March. GOS grant applications are due by April 6, 2017. GOS grant panel meetings will be held in May.