The Regional Arts Commission of St. Louis provided updates during a virtual town hall meeting on Wednesday, October 19, 2022, including details on upcoming grant opportunities in 2023.
As hotel/motel sales tax revenue continues to slowly recover, RAC is planning for an increase in the grants budget for general operating support, program support, and artist support, for which details and key dates are listed below.
GENERAL OPERATING SUPPORT (GOS)
(Note: RAC will maintain 2019 grantee cohort)
- December 31, 2022: GOS deadline for registration and basic information completion
- January – March, 2023: One-on-one GOS review meetings with RAC grant staff
- April 2023: GOS grant payments
PROGRAM & ARTIST SUPPORT GRANTS
- December 12, 2022: Application materials published on the RAC website
- Week of February 13, 2023: Application opens
- February 20, 2023: Pre-application deadline
- March 27, 2023: Program Support and Artist Support application deadline
- April – May, 2023: Application review
- June – July 2023: Grant announcements and payment
2023 grantmaking updates include a more efficient application process, more clearly defined evaluation metrics, and increased opportunities for technical assistance.
Please email email@example.com with any questions or to inquire about serving as a grant reviewer.
Additional granting opportunities will come from American Rescue Plan Act funding that is being directed to the arts and culture sector in St. Louis City and County, though grants utilizing these funds will be distributed using a different timeline and process. These details will be communicated separately.
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH & SUPPORT RAC