Dimensions: 33″ Year Completed: 1939 Material: Lead Owner: Missouri Botanical Garden
About the artist:
Williams studied sculpture at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. He graduated magna cum Laude from Yale in 1919, and later received a Master of Architecture degree from Harvard in 1922. He also studied at the Ecole de Beaux-Arts in Paris. Williams received the Gould Medal at the Paris Exposition in 1937, and was also a member of the National Academy, president of the Fine Arts Federation of New York, and president of the National Sculpture society. He also founded and served as president of the American Artist Professional League.