The Colonial Daughter Fountain was donated by the Missouri Society of Colonial Daughters, built by park department employees, and dedicated in 1947. The National Society Colonial Daughters of the Seventeenth Century was formed in 1896 in Brooklyn, NY, and had 21 chapters, of which the Missouri chapter was one. The objectives of the society were to preserve the memory of the founding fathers, to commemorate historical incidents of the Colonial period, to collect and preserve Colonial relics and documents, and to erect tablets at places of historical interest.
Year Completed: 1947
Owner: City of St. Louis
Donor: Missouri Society of Colonial Daughters