The symbolic statue is the companion to Daniel Chester French’s Sculpture. The pieces were originally produced in plaster. The artists were commissioned to reproduce them in marble to occupy permanently the same location as they had during the 1904 World’s Fair, with Sculpture on the west and Painting on the east.
Dimensions: 9′ x 8′ x 8′
Year Completed: 1904
Owner: City of St. Louis/St. Louis Art Museum
Donor: Louisiana Exposition Company