Now located in Forest Park, St. Louis, Mo, the Vandeventer Place Gates guarded one of St. Louis’s private streets. Originally built in the 1870s, the fountain and gates graced the east entrance to Vandeventer Place and are all that remains of the Victorian-era gated community in St. Louis. The last of the great Vandeventer Place homes was razed in the 1950’s.
Year Completed: 1950
Material: Iron, barre white granite
Owner: City of St. Louis
*Photo Courtesy of Forest Park Forever.