St. Louis – July 17, 2018 – The Regional Arts Commission (RAC) announced today that the application process for the $20,000 Artist Fellowship to local artists opens Tuesday, July 17. Applications will be accepted through Thursday, August 30, 2018. The 2019 Artist Fellowship marks the sixth year of this initiative to support St. Louis area artists of all disciplines. This initiative was created based on results of the Artists Count survey conducted in 2012 by RAC and funded by the Kresge Foundation, which was the largest survey of its kind in the United States. The application, eligibility, schedule, and criteria for selection can be found at http://racstl.org/grant/artists-fellowships/
Ten $20,000 fellowships will be awarded to individual St. Louis artists in any discipline. Applicants will be reviewed by local and national artists and arts professionals in their respective fields. Finalists will then be reviewed by a local Citizen Review Panel, and the 10 selected artists will be approved by RAC’s Board of Commissioners. Beyond monetary value, this opportunity will give artists time and freedom to study, reflect, experiment, explore, and create. Since its inception in 2013, 50 St. Louis area artists have received this fellowship award.
Individual artists are encouraged to attend the workshops to learn about the application process, review criteria, and what makes a strong application. Workshop dates:
- MON, July 30, 2018 – HOW-TO-APPLY Workshop – RAC
- Regional Arts Commission, 6128 Delmar Blvd.
- RSVP: https://racfellowship2019.eventbrite.com
- TUE, August 7, 2018 – HOW-TO-APPLY Workshop – Laumeier
- Laumeier Sculpture Park, 12580 Scott Rd.
- RSVP: https://racfellowship2019-2.eventbrite.com
- MON, August 20, 2018 – HOW-TO-APPLY Workshop – Ferguson Library
- Ferguson Municipal Public Library, 35 N. Florissant Rd.
- RSVP: https://racfellowship2019-3.eventbrite.com
For more information, see http://racstl.org/grant/artists-fellowships/ If you have any questions about the RAC Artist Fellowship or the Artist Fellowship workshops, please contact Yetunde Janski-Ogunfidodo, Program Manager – Grants at email@example.com or (314) 863-5811, x1009.