Artist Support grants provide direct funds for individual artists’ projects, needs and creative opportunities in all disciplines. Direct support enables diverse artists of all disciplines to advance their careers and complete creative projects. It is designed to be flexible and accessible and to encourage creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship and sustained commitment to artistic work. This support is a significant part of the platform for St. Louis to be recognized as a hub for arts and creativity.
- REVIEW CRITERIA
- HOW TO APPLY
$500 - $3000
These funds can be designated for (but not limited to) equipment and materials, rental space, arts-related travel, conference fees, project completion, salaries, professional and artistic development, training and other resources for individual artists of all disciplines.
Eligibility for Grant
- Artists living in St. Louis City or St. Louis County for at least one year with documentation (for accepted documentation forms, see Artists Resources.
- Artists 19 years or older.
- Artists who have exhibited, performed, presented and/or published artistic work in a public context within the last three years.
- Artists not enrolled as full-time undergraduate students.
- Artists who have not received an Artists Support grant within the past year. (You may apply for both an Artist Support grant and a Fellowship this year.)
Please note that eligibility for the Fellowships and the Artist Support grants differ.
These grants are for individual artists. 501(c)3 status or fiscal sponsorship is not required. If you wish to apply to RAC as an organization, please see our Organization Grants.
These funds cannot be designated for such things as personal vacation, full-time college tuition, or any items not related to an artist’s professional, artistic, or project development.
- RAC Spring Artist Support Grant Application Open: Tuesday, February 21, 2017
- RAC Artist Support Grant HOW-TO-APPLY Workshop at FOAM
RSVP: Monday March 13, 2017 5:30 – 7:00pm
- RAC Artist Support Grant HOW-TO-APPLY Workshop at RAC
RSVP: Saturday March 18, 2017 1:00 – 2:30pm
- RAC Artist Support Grant Application DEADLINE: Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Suggested Start Dates for Spring Artist Support Grant Project, Opportunity or Need: Post-May 19, 2017
- All applicants will be informed of application status on or around May 12, 2017.
Grant Review Criteria
Requests are reviewed by staff and by the Commission’s Grants Committee.
Review criteria for Artist Support grants include:
- Documentation of artistic accomplishment and/or commitment to deepening and expanding artistic work
- Clarity of the application about how the grant funds will further artistic and career goals and/or benefit the community
- Likelihood that the artist will benefit artistically and/or professionally
- Time frame of project or immediacy of need
If your application is approved, you will need to provide to RAC before receiving your grant:
- Social security number
- Proof of residency. The following are acceptable forms for proof of residency:
- Signed and dated tax form
- Utility bills with your name on the bill
- Personal Property tax receipt
- Lease agreement signed by the applicant and landlord, with the landlord’s contact info
At the completion of the project or opportunity, a one page description and a final budget with receipts is required. Funds must be spent within a designated time period – in most cases, within 12 months.
HOW TO APPLY
How to Apply for this Grant
Artists can register online and fill out the eGrant application.
Once you do so, you will be in the eGrant system and need only register ONCE. Please login to access the Artist Support Grant Application. The application is only available when the Artists Support grants are open for applying.
Artist Support Grant Applications Include
- Detailed description of the project, opportunity or need including desired outcomes, any materials needed, additional personnel, partnerships, any community benefits, how the funds will be used and any outside donated assistance for this project
- Budget (Note: matching funds are not required)
- Attachments such as artist’s Resume/CV, photos, etc. to underscore eligibility as an artist
How to Apply Workshop