The first monument to be erected in St. Louis County depicts a bronze figure of Dr. Edmund Babler, a well known Missouri physician and surgeon for whom Babler State park was named. Jacob and Henry Babler, the doctor’s brothers, donated the land for the park and commissioned Keck to carve the monument. The park was officially recognized in 1937 and the statue was formally dedicated in October 1938.
Dimensions: 10′ x 6′ x 6′
Year Completed: 1938
Material: Bronze on granite pedestal
Owner: St. Louis County Parks and Recreation Department
Donor: Jacob and Henry Babler