This statue of Juno is a copy of the Farnese Juno in the Naples National Museum. The original dates from the fifth century B.C. In Shaw’s day the statue stood in a formal garden in front of the greenhouse located where the Gladney Rose Garden is now. During much of the 20th century, Juno was the central focus of the Italian garden behind the Palm House, which has been replaced by the Climatron. In 1996 the four-ton statue was moved to the Victorian garden next to the Tower Grove House.
For more information visit the Missouri Botanical Gardens website.
Dimensions: 84″ x 32″ x 22″
Year Completed: 1887
Owner: Missouri Botanical Garden