Event Contributor Resources
Welcome to RAC’s Events Contributor Resources. The following information will help you when adding events to RAC’s events calendar. If you have any questions, please check out our FAQs or feel free to contact us with your question. We sincerely appreciate you sharing your events with the thousands of RAC events calendar users!
Don’t have an account? Register to become a RAC Event Contributor.
Forgot your password? Reset your password.
Adding an Event
- Once logged in, from your My Events dashboard, click the “Add New” button and a form will appear.
- Complete the event title. Keep this short as space is limited.
- Add an event description that is more than 250 characters and no more than 1000 characters. Add any relevant details about your event. Make sure to be descriptive. This is the section to promote and entice the calendar users to attend your event.
- Select a relevant category. You can select up to 5 categories.
- Upload an event image from your computer.
- The image should be in .jpg, .png, or .gif formats, a minimum of 769px by 330px (10.25 inches by 4.4 inches), and without any text. No logos please!
- Please note, the “Event Image” is a required field.
- If you don’t have an image to use, please select one from the RAC Image Library. To use an image, you’ll need to download it to your desktop or personal files first, then use the “Browse”/”Choose File” button to select it from your downloads or your personal folder.
- Select the event date. Then select the start time and end time. If your event occurs all day, then check the box marked “All Day Event”.
- Many events occur more than once. For example, gallery exhibition hours, a series of performances for a single play, etc. In order to submit your event properly make sure to enter the start date of your event and use the event series feature to create multi-day events.
- Use the event series feature to add additional dates and times to your event. Multiple event recurrence rules can be added to customize your event that occurs on multiple dates and times.
Schedule Multiple Events:
- Daily and then select an end date. Your event will repeat every day until the end date.
- Weekly and then select an end date. Your event will repeat every week, on the same day of the week until the end date.
- Monthly and then select an end date. Your event will repeat every month, on the same day of the month, until the end date.
- Once – select a date. Your event will repeat on this day.
- Remember, you may add additional rule(s) to create a more complex event series. For example, a gallery exhibition that occurs on different days during different time frames.
- Add an exclusion to keep certain dates or series of dates from displaying. For example, specific holidays that fall on an event date in which the venue is not open.
- Select a Venue from the drop down list.
- If your venue is not already in the list, continue typing the name of your venue then click the “Create: Venue_Name” dropdown option.
- Add the venue name, complete address and phone number.
- When adding a new venue, ensure the address is correct, including the zip code, so the address can provide accurate directions to calendar users.
- Once your event has been submitted, reviewed and published, the venue will be saved in the event calendar system for future use.
- Select an Organizer from the drop down list.
- If your organizer is not already in the list, continue typing the name of your organizer then click the “Create: Organizer_Name” dropdown option.
- Add the organizer name, phone number, website and email address.
- When adding a new organizer, be sure to add the full URL (including http:// or https://)
- Once your event has been submitted, reviewed and published, the organizer will be saved in the event calendar system for future use.
- Enter the event website URL and the ticket purchase URL. In both cases, be sure to add the full URL (including http:// or https://).
- If your event is funded in full or partially by a RAC grant, please check “Yes.”
- If you are looking for volunteers, fill in the volunteer information section.
- Include a brief description, the name of the volunteer coordinator and a phone number and/or email to contact the volunteer coordinator.
- Add the event cost.
- If your event is free, enter “0” to ensure it displays in the Free Event category. The free event feature does not allow the entry of price ranges, so if your event is free and includes tickets for purchase, be sure to include the price range in the event description.
- To leave the price field off your event page, leave the min and max price fields empty.
- Click the “Submit Event” button to send your event to the RAC Admin for review and approval. Event calendar approvals may take up to 5 business days. Please be sure to submit your events in advance to ensure their timely posting to the calendar. You will receive an email notification once your event submission has been reviewed.
Editing an Event
- From the My Events dashboard, edit a published event or an event that is pending review by clicking “Edit” under the event title.
- Make the needed updates and click “Submit” to submit or publish the changes.
- Re-review of an already published event by RAC Admin is not required, but the event may be reviewed for accuracy.
Deleting an Event
- From the My Events dashboard, delete a published event or event pending review by clicking “Delete” under the event title.
- Make sure to confirm deletion with the browser dialog prompt pops up.
- Recurring events must be removed separately.
Copying an Event
- From the My Events dashboard, copy a published event or an event that is pending review by clicking “Copy” under the event title.
- A new event with identical details will be drafted.
- Change any necessary information and make sure to remove (Copy) from the event title.
- After you have made your changes to the event, click the “Submit Event” button to send your event to the RAC Admin for review and approval.
- Event calendar approvals may take up to 5 business days. Please be sure to submit your events in advance to ensure their timely posting to the calendar. You will receive an email notification once your event submission has been reviewed.